I started this journal in 2018 and then sorta forgot about it for a while. I found it again recently and decided to finish it up.
It was made from two junk mail catalogs sewed together on my sewing machine and frankly, the paper was atrocious to work on. I had primed the pages with clear gesso so they were ready for paint but even with that, it felt as if the paint just wanted to slide off the paper. Because most of the pages have several coats of gesso and paint because of that problem, they now feel leathery and bendy like fabric. Overall, it was an interesting challenge but maybe not one I care to repeat for a while.
Here are a few spreads that I think turned out particularly well: